Spring is here (although it is still pretty chilly) it’s the 1st of March and the start of a new month and a new season! So what are your plans for spring? Are you going to join the gym? Start a new job? Or make some big plans? It is the best time of year to kick start a brighter YOU!
- Get Active – an obvious one but a brilliant one. There is nothing that will make you feel more alive than some physical activity. It doesn’t have to be too strenuous, 20 jumping jacks as you get out of bed, or a speed walk to the station– little changes like this in your routine will enable you to exert some energy and release endorphins that actually make you happier.
- Goal Setting – make a list of the things you want to achieve. Whether they are big long term goals or small achievements you want to accomplish this year. Creating a list a referring to it regularly will make the goals more attainable and nothing will make you prouder than ticking one of your achievements on the list
- Start a Hobby – nothing challenges you more than stepping out you comfort zone and what better way to do that than starting a new hobby! Join the gym, take singing lessons, learn an instrument or take up painting – pushing your brain and body to try something new has a huge impact on your outlook and life.
- Technology Detox – if you are one of the smart phone addicts who wake and checks their phone before you are out of bed, then flicks on the TV, then sits on a computer all day then reverts back to your phone in the evening, you need a detox. Not only will it be straining your eyes but you need to give your body a rest from tech for 24 hours at least. It will make you feel more relaxed and more alert and make you appreciate the people and things around you.
- YOU time – plenty of people meditate, it does sound a little “hippy” but setting aside even 10 minutes a day to just block out all the dramas and stresses can just give you the extra head space you need to feel revitalised and refreshed. There are plenty of apps that can help you set aside some time to clear your mind, one of our favourites is headspace.
- A New Challenge – Forget the January job hunt, Spring is the perfect time to take on a new challenge and look for a new role. The recruitment surge which begins in the new year is still going strong and many companies having their ‘year-end’ in April means there is often some flexibilities on budgets. Summer months are known to be quiet for recruitment with so many people on holiday, so companies feel the pressure of getting their new hires in place before the June/July/August period – so this can help too.
Just one of these small changes can be enough to enlighten your senses, make your feel brighter, happier and more able to achieve. So give yourself a spring in your step this season and explore our live opportunities now!
- Looking for work