Central London – £40-55k (depending on experience)
Our client is seeking a Data Protection Consultant/Officer in providing timely, consistent, accurate and clear advice on Data Protection (DP) issues to their clients. You will be responsible for developing and implementing procedures to ensure compliance and regulation. You will work closely with the Legal and Regulatory teams and make sure our Clients preserve the privacy rights of their customers and stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have a genuine interest in Data Protection, Information Security matters and law. You will have the ability to analyse complex legal and commercial issues and be able to provide effective and straightforward commercial solutions, as well as effectively negotiate with and influence stakeholders and others to achieve successful outcomes. Acting as a business advisor and expert, you will demonstrate solid technical knowledge of data processing, data flow mapping and IT security arrangements. In addition, you will work well under pressure, prioritise tasks to manage deadlines and be a self-motivated, team player with the ability to work largely autonomously.
– Providing consultancy support in preparing our clients for implementation of the GDPR;
– Advise on a wide range of privacy and data protection compliance issues which include;
– Supporting a variety of sectors including retail, automotive, energy and finance sector in relation to the implementation of the GDPR;
– Supporting and partnering with the business development team in the development of sales proposal; undertaking privacy impact assessments, development of comprehensive privacy policies, guidance and training and awareness programmes, data sharing challenges, review of data processor contracts,
Experience and Knowledge
– Knowledge or Interest in Data Protection;
– Solid technical knowledge of data processing and IT security arrangements;
– Sound understanding of the ICO (Information Commissioner Office);
– Experience of business transformation and change;
– Strong understanding of UK DP law and upcoming EU GDPR regulation changes;
– Understanding of ISO27001, Cyber Essentials advantageous; and
– Tender and proposal preparation and development.
Skills and Qualities
– Ability to analyse legal and commercial issues;
– Client facing and personable;
– Customer centric approach to client delivery;
– Responsible approach to client delivery; and
– Awareness of business development opportunities.