One of Singapore's pride, a start-up that has become a leading and sought after start-ups, is looking for a Data Science Lead to lead their optimisation team and efforts.
The company started off in 2012 has has since launched several platforms, that solve every day problems of every day people, which means helping them get to places. Currently, they have presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Beijing and has recently opened a tech centre in Seattle, too.
Data Science holds an important and crucial position within the company and the importance of the job you do, is valued across the board, from C-level executives, across all the other departments. Therefore, you are expected be someone who enjoys talking to different parts of the business, coming up with solutions before the problems even occur. You'll be responsbile for indentifying business-wide problems and lead a team of data scientists in solving the problems using Big Data and Operations Research (OR) techniques.
Through applying machine learning, simulation, forecasting, scheduling, optimization, and many other advanced techniques you help to push business metrics and the company foster and prosper through the growth-stages. Their product, data, engineering and design team work closely together, often hot-desking alongside to other teams. It’s about building relationships with other teams, managing a portfolio of projects, co-operating and managing a cross-functional team.
– Ph.D. in Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial / Systems Engineering, or Computer Science, with specialization in Optimization techniques
– 4 years+ of relevant post-doc experience, ideally in regards to large-scale complex optimisation problems, i.e in transport or logistics.
– Experience and familiarity with traditional and NoSQL databases, programming languages R, Matlab, Python, and distributed computing platforms like Hadoop and Spark.
– experience of leading a smaller scale team and helping them identify and stay on the track with the work flow.
– knowledge, if not hands-on experience with black-box optimization, and budgeting experimentation cost
– machine Learning techniques would be an advantage
If that sounds like you, please email me your CV and employment related information (current and expected salary, notice period and work permit related status) to [email protected]
Cogs Agency Singapore Pte Ltd | EA Licence No: 14C7093 | Registration No: R1546359