Forensic Data Analyst
This team of technical specialists practice the full life cycle of forensic data management. The nature of the work requires working with large datasets to support fraud investigations and disputes for our clients covering a range of industries. This is achieved by combining deep forensic investigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, statistics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive modelling.
What you will do:
– Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of large datasets using a wide range of database management systems, BI reporting and visualisation software
– Work with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors
– Work in forensic technology labs and onsite with clients to help leverage knowledge from their data to measure fraud risks and losses
– Assist with future prevention, continuous monitoring, detection and investigation of occupational fraud, waste and financial crime.
– Develop supporting material on the benefits of forensic data analysis for clients and fraud examiners, explaining how it can be applied to their issues
– Degree qualified with a relevant degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or related degree;
– Experience of data extraction, analysis, cleansing, quality and manipulation skills
– Experience of handling large data volumes (incl. efficiency and scalability concepts)
– Experience in big data analysis and manipulation with any of the following software: MySQL, SAS, and SPSS.
– Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis)
– Understanding of at least one scripting language such as Python, PHP, VB; and at least one programming language such as Java, C++, C#, Matlab or R.