The Head of Content will be responsible for overseeing all marketing content initiatives, across websites globally, to increase, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour (leading to sales!) This will be working on a huge beauty brand, so an interest in this would be hugely beneficial.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and content strategy, brand consistency, localisation, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The position collaborates with other Content Lead’s around the world and also with other clients within the brand.
The Head of Content will also collaborate (and influence) other agencies including from public relations, and SEO/ Strategy.
Ultimately, the job of the HOC is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of consistent content initiatives in all forms to drive organic growth across the brands website around the world. This includes:
* Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience
* Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term
* The development of a functional content calendar and defining the content owners in each market – managing written content, and content shot in studio
* Overseeing local CCOs, and supervising writers, editors, content strategists; share best practice in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
* Overseeing local ‘shoot’ plans
* Developing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
* Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics
* Conducting periodic competitive audits.
* Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
* Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localisation/translation strategies.
* Positive brand recognition and consistency across websites
* Organic Website and social media traffic growth.
* Conversion metrics definition and growth.
* Customer feedback and survey data.
* Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
* Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates.
* Positive client reviews! And internal positive internal feedback. “Influence” will be a key measure
Experience and Education Required
* Proven experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, social / digital marketing etc.).
* Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
* Experience in managing global teams
* Experience working with senior clients
* Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
If this has caught your interest, I would love to discuss this further with you, so please drop me a note over to Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org