A leading Fashion and e-commerce business are looking for a Head of Delivery to come in and build the team. It is imperative that they find someone with a great track record of success both internally and externally using partners to meet with business demand.
This person will be accountable for delivery and operations of all front end platforms that forms part of the Digital commerce domain and will be part of the Digital Technology leadership team to build a strong culture and ways of working that enables the company to remain pioneers in this space.
* Build strong internal teams with a strong track record of delivery. These teams could be distributed across multiple locations
* Build distributed teams with partners onsite, near-shore and offshore as appropriate
* Develop and own the development processes that are agile and distributed in nature to get the best out of UI development teams.
* Effectively mentor and manage a team of software developers including their projects and performance
* Lead the UI engineering strategy globally across web, apps, social. This should cover mobile desktop, tablet and any other emerging device types that are appropriate for this brand.
* Develop devops processes and tools that sets teams to use optimal use of automation and continuous integration
* Document and own the engineering standards that are appropriate for various UI platforms
* Develop clear KPI’s for measuring teams, make them transparent and establish processes for continuous improvement
* Select and manage partners as required for operational services
Responsible for all commercials for partners used in both development and operations.
* Manage the resources costs as required by finance processes for both development and operations
* Distil and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders
* Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacy
Analyse the performance of individual teams, whether through analytics or conversation and respond appropriately to their needs, either empowering where competencies are clear or restructuring, supporting or re-tooling where they are not – dedicating time and resources as appropriate.
* Develop working culture that consistently sets all teams to succeed. Plan and deploy resources efficiently, set standards for governance and intimately understand the interdependencies and impacts behind such decisions across an entire function
* Delivery of ecommerce web sites for large digital or consumer brands
* Agile development methodologies
* Devops and telemetry
* Experience in building and managing geographically distributed teams.
If this sounds like you, or if you’re curious and would just like to chat further and find our more then drop me a line. This is a ridiculously good opportunity and a role that would shape your career moving forward. Salary is flexible and they will re-consider this depending on experience. Please email me on [email protected] for more info.