A popular data design agency is looking for a Lead Developer to join their award-winning London offices. They are famous for producing highly effective and interesting campaigns for their worldwide clients, and specialise in creating digital products, services, and stories in and about complex, data-rich environments from Smart Cities to Industrial IoT and Finance.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this role is the lynchpin of the engineering team. Your primary responsibility will be to lead individual projects as a hands-on developer, but you must also be interested in improving the output of the studio as a whole as well as guiding and mentoring more junior developers.
Projects vary widely, from short to very long term, from consumer to business facing and from browser based to installations and other formats; you will be involved in most of these to some degree and hands on with one at a time.
Technically you’ll have:
– 8 years industry experience with at least some studio or agency experience
– Experience working with WebGL, complex SVG builds or multimedia projects
– Knowledge of the latest CSS paradigms
– Some experience working with server-side technologies, preferably Python or Node
– Experience working with different levels of process and a pragmatic approach to choosing the appropriate level
– Experience choosing and evaluating different architectures, frameworks and approaches, with a good idea of the pros and cons of such decisions
– Experience working in a cross-disciplinary environment, collaborating with other practitioners to deliver the best result
– Expertise in one of the following would be a bonus: architecture; graphics and visualisations; or UI and layout.
Based in East London, paying up to £90k dependent on experience.