Social Media Specialist (Western Market)
Location: Hong Kong
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification ?
- Develop and help foster a sharing, fun and open gaming community across multiple online platforms in order to increase the visibility of the game
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (text/image/video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages players to take action
- Assist with crisis and negative news communications
- Stay current with social media trends and best practice, continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics/insights
- Work directly with 6waves global teams (Product Managers, Customer relations, Marketing, etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate activities (in-game sales/live events)
- Learn on the job, and develop expert-level understanding of the local industry, competition and mobile gaming trends
- A scrappy self-starter, who can operate with minimal supervision
- Successful, with at least 2 years of experience with free-to-play games, ideally in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (text/image/video), presentation and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms in US and their respective participants (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr, Reddit, etc) and how they can be deployed
- Team player, with positive attitude and a sense of humor, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, New Media or Public Relations
- Experience in mobile game industry is a plus.
- Enjoy playing games and having free snacks and drinks while at work!
- Based in Hong Kong