Innovative Berlin based Internet company is looking for a:
VP Platforms & Engineering (m/f)
Our client is a pioneer when it comes to innovative solutions. With its data-driven platform, the Berlin based company has been successfully bringing advertisers and media together since 2008.Our client employs over 185 people and offers its solutions on five continents.
You are a passionate mentor managing and motivating a team of >45 international developers, data engineers and platforms managers. As a valued part of our clients Leadership team, you are working closely with all key stakeholders to drive forward the company in a phase of strong international growth and expansion into multiple new markets. You have valuable experience in a fast-paced environment by leading complex projects and teams using agile methods. You will be responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and strategy. The position is based in Berlin.
* Leading the technology vision & strategy to allow our client to deliver on its aggressive revenue growth targets, especially internationally.
* Roll-out in new markets regardless of each market specificities when it comes to:
* Direct publisher inventory secured by our client vs inventory purchased on open exchanges
* Fully integrated tech stack vs component stack including third parties like AppNexus
* Dedicated operational headcounts vs shared resources with Xaxis & Light Reaction
* Market sophistication in terms of programmatic adoption and data & analytics needs
* Representing externally at panels, meetups and global events
* Ensuring proper resourcing and prioritization of all technical developments to ensure unique real-time recommendation technology, products, software and server infrastructure remain market leading and delight both advertisers and publishers
* Designing the proper Build / Buy / Partner evaluation framework to help the Leadership team make the proper decisions short term and long term for every part of the technology stack.
* Monitoring the market, identifying relevant technology trends and opportunities for innovation as well as interesting M&A targets.
* Liaising with the relevant stakeholders at Xaxis & GroupM to ensure that we leverage efficiencies & synergies whenever possible between tech investment across our clients, Light Reaction, Xaxis & GroupM
* Successfully complete a two way / Turbine integration
* Put in place the proper QA processes to ensure new products, technology and market launches go smoothly
* Providing ongoing motivation, mentorship and inspiration for the technical team.
* Maintain a culture of excellence & innovation to attract the best & brightest in the industry.
* Overseeing various technology project, tech & product releases and ensure things get shipped on time.
* Communicating the company’s technology strategy to partners within Xaxis, GroupM as well as clients and other stakeholders
* Functioning as the primary interface between tech departments and leadership team
* 8+ years experience in (programmatic) advertising
* Strong presence in business panels and events representing the company
* Previously achieved remarkable results in implementing highly scalable web technologies or data intensive systems
* Passionate about cutting edge technologies, agile development methods (Scrum, Kanban) and Engineering Cultural
* Excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills
* Excellent written and spoken English language skills
* Ideally a University degree in natural or computer sciences or related field
* Technical knowledge, particularly in the areas of Data Engineering (Scala, Spark, R), Frontend (Responsive Web design in HTML 5 / CSS 3), Backend (PHP), Frameworks (CakePHP, AngularJS) and different databases (MySQL and NoSQL such as Redis and Lucene)
* Strong understanding of our key algorithms Collaborative Filtering as well as Behavioural & Semantic Targeting
* A committed and friendly team that is passionate about technology and media
* Fast decision-making processes and an open company culture
* Organizational mindfulness and a sustainable management
* Healthy team lunch, beverages and fresh fruit daily
* Company sports such as yoga & cross fit
* A family-friendly company with its own company daycare
* Company events and trips
* Great office in the heart of Berlin-Mitte with lots of space for creative work
* Excellent development and career opportunities