In the creative industry, a senior digital designer uses a high level of expertise to deliver and encourage stunning digital concepts to meet client briefs and expectations.
Working with authority and professionalism, they will delegate tasks and offer feedback to team members, ensuring the high quality of the digital design work and displaying the expertise that has gone into the project.
Developing an agency’s digital design capability through leadership and inventive concepts, the aim is to set online campaigns apart from those of competitors. The fullest understanding of graphic design, typography and digital standards is as essential as the experience to execute projects of all sizes, and complete them with resourcefulness and dedication.
Knowledge of these software packages and languages is imperative:
– HTML Coding
A senior designer is an important contact point in an agency, so they can expect to be offering advice and sharing knowledge with colleagues.
The specific details of a senior digital designer’s role do vary, but common activities include:
– Staying up to date with industry trends
– Forging and executing exciting digital ideas
– Generating ideas and selling them into clients and other members of the team
– Encouraging others to share and explore their ideas
– Delegating tasks and providing support for less senior members of the team
– Maintaining high standards and ensuring only the best work is released to the client
– Collaborating across the agency to drive up standards of digital creativity
All senior digital designers needs a wide range of capabilities. These include:
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– In-depth digital design capabilities
– Confidence to delegate tasks
– Significant industry experience
– The ability to keep a cool head and meet deadlines
– Problem solving skills
– The ability to think creatively and deliver clever concepts
– The foresight to put themselves in the shoes of the user
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Significant graphic design experience
As well as attend meetings and briefings with clients and teammates, senior digital designers will be based in an office environment and may occasionally have to work hours outside the regular nine to five working day.
- Creative and Brand Design