A Backend Developer is needed to join this creative studio based in Hackney who build marketing products and tools for all the major movie studios as well as have their own bespoke platform. This platform gets 2.2 million visits a week and with the development and launch of a lot of new features and capabilities on the cards it’s an exciting time to be joining the team – you are needed to contribute ideas to this product plan and help to build it out!
As a Backend Developer you’ll be responsible for developing backend services to ingest a wide variety of data types, ensuring correctness and consistency across multiple upstream services. This will include:
– Designing and developing highly-scalable servers/storage/service/controller solutions that serve millions of users per day on AWS, as well as drive UI.
– Integrating with 3rd party data providers, supporting new data types and development of ingestion agents.
– Designing and building APIs.
– Maintaining existing MicroService infrastructure.
– Implementing and maintaining security and data protection systems.
– Setting up continuous delivery and automatic release pipelines.
– AWS administration and monitoring.
As a Backend Developer you’ll be expected to have:
– 3+ years’ commercial development experience
– Experience with writing clean, maintainable, self-documenting and performant code, with accompanying unit tests.
– Experience and evidence of building scalable and reliable server-side web applications, backend systems, information retrieval applications, creating/maintaining MicroService architecture and networking.
– Experience with AWS
– Experience in object-oriented and functional programming
– Experience of writing highly optimized Database queries using relational databases
– Good knowledge of REST
– Knowledge of any of the following would be a bonus: Docker, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as code eg. Terraform, React, HTML and CSS, TDD, BDD or DDD
Personality and cultural fit are even more important that technical skill. This is a vital hire for the team, and they are looking for someone who is a critical thinker, has a can-do attitude, is a team player and most of all has a love of film and TV!
In addition to working with a friendly, social bunch of film buffs, gorgeous office dogs and a great casual office environment, as a valued member of the team you’ll get:
– Flexible hours
– Flexible holiday
– Private cinema room, exclusive movie screenings, access to movie premieres and Picturehouse membership
– Bike storage
– Table tennis
– Well-stocked drinks fridge