We are looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer for successful tech startup that involves in mobile, ecommerce, and pay gateway. This candidate works as part of an Agile team alongside Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Software and DevOps Engineers. The team is in charge of all data products and data infrastructure.
We strive to distill the data trail from millions of users’ interactions with our platform into a progressively enhanced and robust analytical picture in the key areas of business. We also build and operate data and machine learning-powered APIs.
What we are looking for:
- Engineering background and academic qualifications
- Breadth and depth of knowledge and experience with data technology at scale
- Extensive experience with a variety of databases, including modern non-relational data technology and understanding of underlying design choices, trade-offs, sweet spots and internal workings
- Experience building scalable and reliable data pipelines
- Knowledge of data formats and associated tradeoffs
- Experience with streaming data processing a plus
- Fluency in Python or Scala; shell scripting; Golang a plus
- In-depth knowledge and fluency with SQL
- Experience with data modeling
- Extensive experience with AWS, including services such as EMR/Spark, Kinesis, RedShift, RDS, DynamoDB, Athena, Glue, Lambda, CloudWatch, IAM, etc. Infrastructure tooling and automation a plus.
- Extensive experience with test automation, CI / CD
- Extensive experience with modern version control systems, such as Git
- Experience designing and developing REST or GraphQL APIs a plus
- Experience working in cross-functional delivery-focused agile teams
- Extensive experience with iterative development
- Outstanding analytical thinking, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an agile, innovative, and collaborative environment please contact Dennis via [email protected], thanks.