Interested in disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry linked to most of the world’s manufacturing sectors? Read further! Partnering with a global player in the industry, our client, a tier-one consulting firm is launching a digital venture in the chemicals space which will unlock significant value for both suppliers and manufacturers, whilst reinventing the sales process for an untapped market.
Pioneering how buyers can purchase affordable materials that meet their quality standards, the marketplace will generate value for both sides, whilst improving accessibility and transparency. Backed by an industry-leading producer, the venture’s bold ambition is to reimagine how the industry operates, matching producers and manufacturers more seamlessly. The product leverages best-in-class software to digitize the process, provide tailored recommendations, and generate significant value for its users.
As such, our client and its corporate partner are looking to appoint a best-in-class team in Singapore to build out the marketplace product and scale a business globally. The founding team will combine deep industry knowledge, strong technical expertise, a passion for disruption, and a startup mindset. A key position is the Chief Product Officer, who will develop a unique product strategy, drive an agile product roadmap, and lead a multidisciplinary product and tech team.
What you will be doing:
- Define the product strategy in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, Head of Sales and the Marketing Manager and deliver on the overall strategic direction of the product in line with the overarching short and long term objectives of the business
- Identify and secure product market fit for the product with the support of cross functional stakeholders
- Drive and shape the product roadmap with a clear vision that encompasses the strategic objectives of the business, as well as overseeing new product releases in line with the overall outlined product strategy
- Leading the identification of target consumer segments and offering guidance on the strategic direction of the product to cross functional peers based on market research insights
- Lead and mentor a multidisciplinary product organization of around 10, comprising Engineering, Product, and Design personnel
- Progressively build and iterate on the Minimum Viable Product, to support the development and expansion of the product into different markets
- Oversee the design, development and execution of a results driven, data informed framework, to enable continuous improvement of the product with the final customer in mind
- Provide guidance on the commercialization strategy of the product, with the agility to understand and navigate complex compliance and regulatory requirements of the target markets
What you will need to excel:
- Minimum of 5 years’ in a Leadership role, alongside deep functional expertise in Product Management
- Ideally, experience with a B2B product which has scaled to multiple markets or geographies
- E-commerce and/or marketplace experience is strongly preferred
- Strong technical understanding, having led Engineering functions in addition to UX and Product
- Experience building products from a very early stage
- Exposure to a chemicals related business would be a plus, but not essential
- Extensive experience with defining and driving a product roadmap