Our client is looking for a China Expansion Lead to accelerate their market development and expansion plans in Shanghai.
- New market entry – Identify the most appropriate way to launch the company in China, then roll up your sleeves and make it happen. If we need a license, you will need to execute the process end-to-end: understand the regulations, do the application and get the regulatory buy-in.
- Financial services partnerships – Maintain and improve relationships with financial institutions (banks, payment companies, card schemes) and lead commercial negotiations to drive down costs. You will monitor our economics to ensure that our service is competitive; if needed, onboard new FI partners.
- Strategic initiatives related to international expansion – You will identify new / relevant local ways to benefit customers (such as a new local payment method or a new product feature) and implement it. You will also grow our client’s new product offerings by identifying and pitching to relevant businesses in your target markets.
- Understanding how our client’s product works will be key to finding these new opportunities.
A bit about you:
- Native Mandarin speaker
- Experience in fintech, payments or regulation
- Able to get stuff done. Not afraid to get hands dirty to deliver what is needed. Bonus points if you have completed a license application in a highly regulated industry in the past.
- Experience of building business relationships with financial institutions in China, and dealing with risk/compliance teams within these institutions.
- Understand how local and international payments work (bonus points for specific knowledge of payment systems in China and APAC!)
- An analytical thinker. You have the ability to figure out the ideal operational and commercial process with every new country / partner
- Excellent at managing external relationships (regulators and financial institutions)
- Able to understand regulations across various jurisdictions, and make pragmatic, risk-based decisions on how these need to be implemented
- Happy to work independently
- Passionate about transforming the financial industry for good
- You are willing to spend the first two months onboarding overseas out of our client’s Singapore or Hong Kong office, and at least a few days every month travelling to Singapore or to their offices in Europe when needed