Our client is an independent brand consultancy based in Shanghai. They are looking to hire a Client Manager to join their growing Strategy and Insights team.
In this position, you will have experience in conducting market research and be a strong project manager and leader that can push multiple project deliverables and ‘own’ the project delivery aspect of the business, with the support and guidance of senior management.
- Develop and lead client engagements with the project team through designing, executing, and presenting analytic and strategy studies to meet client’s research and brand strategy objectives
- Delivering and managing projects end to end across all stages with your peer partners – includes setting up and running of projects, guide/questionnaire writing, fieldwork set up, managing multiple suppliers and associates, charting of data, storytelling, and debriefing/workshopping (including facilitation if needed)
- Ensure proactive insights and action-oriented solutions are delivered to clients
- Fully leverage agency’s capability, including new value contributor partners (partner agencies, freelancers, consultants when needed) to ensure all client stakeholder needs are met
- Lead and develop a project team/work collaboratively to deliver against client commitments
- Train and upskill junior team members as needed
- Respond to client project briefs through rigorous analysis, grounded implications, and actionable recommendations
- To continue to personally learn both through ‘on-the-job’ and also appropriate courses
- To mentor and help teach your team about your area of specialism and what you bring to the table
- Develop and contribute to the agency’s thought leadership propositions and content to use as part of marketing activity
- Help to raise the company profile through LinkedIn, social media accounts, any events/mixer opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience within a market research/insights agency, brand consultancy, in-house insights/research team, or similar, with at least 2 years in China
- Must have experience in primary research, in at least one of qualitative or quantitative. Experience in both is preferred.
- Strong conceptual and analytical aptitude
- Experience working in smaller teams and start-up environments
- Proven client management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of the Chinese consumer, with experience of food and beverage sector, is a plus but not necessary
- Related industries include: Consumer Packaged Goods, Brand Consulting, Information, Sales, Analytics
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin
Please send your CV to [email protected]