We are looking for a dynamic and brilliant Content Manager for a leading consumer electronics brand to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
This role will be responsible for the ideation, content production and editorial editing of several subsidiary brands under the corporation. He/she needs to work closely with Global Digital Marketing Managers of each brand to ideat global campaigns across multiple digital channels. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be balancing your time between managing and editing freelance writers, copy editing content, and writing marketing materials and content in a variety of forms — from articles to emails to meta description and social copy. The successful candidate will be highly creative and flexible, and able to channel the brand identity into a relatable, identifiable written voice. You will be a part of the dream team to inspire each other to be more creative, more productive and ultimately more successful as a team. The role requires you to be proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude to bring in new ideas, to foster collaboration, embrace a diversity of viewpoints and support transparency. You will be reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager based in Hong Kong.
- Produce content according to accepted standards and established brand style guidelines for content, style, accuracy, and cohesiveness. Projects may include marketing copy, product copy, search engine optimized (SEO) copy, social and app copy, calls to action, email content, site content, instructional copy, presentations, promotional copy, campaign briefs, and other editorial-based projects as requested.
- Drive the editorial strategy and manage external and internal teams and creators to deliver content against that strategy.
- Assist in maximizing editorial and sales opportunities, while developing strategies, goals, timelines, partnerships and tools that help achieve business goals
- Work on strategic partnership opportunities with brands and platforms to deliver business goals as well as create new innovations
- Copy editing all content to ensure it is free of all grammar errors
- Crafting and editing copy that would be able to convert readers to consumers
- Overseeing and executing all aspects of writing production, including pitching, researching, content production and content publishing as needed
- Obsessing over data analytics to build and enforce team best practices on content and conversion
- Report on campaigns and augment based on analysis to ensure the most effective approach
- SEO optimization on front and back ends
- Participate in larger creative leadership team discussions and activities.
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Managers and Creative Team for both brands to ensure that the creative that is being developed is thoughtful of all channel partner needs.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of website, publishing, editorial content creation and distribution required (brand or agency) — Ideally have experience writing for affluent/millennial market, you can also come from hospitality background
- Experience with SEO writing best practices and familiarity with Google Analytics (or other tools) to measure the effectiveness of content initiatives ; Basic in Photoshop
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for editorial content. Detailed knowledge and expertise around all digital platforms with significant contacts at all major platforms
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in managing freelancers/writers across global regions and time zones
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful editorial marketing strategies that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI
- Expert understanding of how brands should participate in social media in an authentic way
- The candidate is at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and youth culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand integrity
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment with high level of teamwork
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Deep ability to collect, analyze and use website data to affect change
If this sounds like you, please get in touch! Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Email: [email protected]