Based in Kuala Lumpur
Pays up to RM 168,000 per annum
The client is a blue-chip fortune 500 company and is currently looking for a Data Science Consultant on a 12-month contract.
The role will be supporting client projects and working as an extension of the company’s Consulting and analytics team. The incumbent will be responsible for developing scorecards, machine learning and deep learning models, business analysis, etc. to support the clients and solve complex business problems. Here, you will be required to work with large data sets using quantitative techniques and build complex statistical models that learn from big data. Data sets will include alternate data sourced from non-traditional data vendors and data from diverse systems maintained by card issuing clients.
The role will be based in KL, Malaysia. The incumbent will report into a lead also based in Malaysia.
The incumbent will work with other members in the team to design and deliver projects with the appropriate analytic methodologies and techniques to solve client’s business objectives. The team closely collaborates with business stakeholders to understand the business problem in order to determine the most appropriate analytic approach that provides meaningful results to clients.
Responsibilities include delivering projects on time and within scope with an in-depth knowledge of big data and cutting edge data mining techniques as well as the use of predictive, classification and alternate analytic algorithms for modeling and segmentation.
- Minimum of 7 years of analytical experience in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent experience preferred
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Salford SPM/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive
- Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Neural Networks, Gradient Boosting, Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Markov Chains, Support Vector Machines, Clustering, etc
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple analytic projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems