For our client, an innovation consultancy that has digital values at its core, we are looking for a Lead Service Designer based in Berlin. Working on projects at the intersection of e-mobility and energy, in the fields of IoT, robotics and face recognition, the agency designs innovative mobile apps and online software – all with a focus on user experience and interaction. Our client believes that the winning recipe for digital projects is happy people, happy customers and happy users – which perfectly displays the distinctive culture of the company.
The challenge for you as a Lead Service Designer will be to combine leading multiple cross-discipline teams, being able to inspire team members, driving design quality, practice and offerings that meet business and user goals, and being a strategic partner to the clients.
- Be a strategic and creative thinker, able to lead and inspire the team members and able to provide them with a constructive feedback.
- Lead Business Development activities and define offerings as a strategic partner to the clients.
- Lead large scale design projects and related accounts.
- Plan and conduct customer research and collaborative workshop activities.
- Evolve and innovate the Service Design and Design Research practice.
- Be a company’s ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
- Business-fluent German and English.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in creating and bringing products and services to market.
- Ability to manage innovation design projects, related accounts and interdisciplinary teams.
- Proficient in synthesising quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources to identify opportunities and recommend design directions.
- Expertise in collaborating with other designers, developers and advisors.
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practice, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Experience working in a tech and innovation design environment and great understanding of the emerging technologies field.
- First-class verbal and written communication skills with the ability to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale.
If you are a designer who needs to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives, get in touch for more information!