For our client, a digital innovation consultancy with offices all over Europe we are looking for a Principal Designer in Berlin or Munich to co-create transformational businesses and services in order to redefine the way humans and technology interact. Working on challenging projects in e-mobility, energy, IoT, face recognition, and developing innovative products and services, you, as a Principal Designer, will be leading, defining and orchestrating the agency’s design practice in the German market.
You will be working closely with the design directors in Germany and the global head of design, focusing on three equally important aspects: team – building and nurturing the design culture and be a leader for the agency’s design community; thought leadership – being a proactive thinker; and clients – strengthening the client-centricity approach and building long-lasting relationships with clients.
Not only will you be a thought leader for the design community but also you will have an excellent opportunity to lead the innovation process creating new services and products.
· Integrating design into an end-to-end approach to solve challenging client problems
· Observing shifts in markets and societies and translating them into a consistent offering
· Leading a colorful and vibrant design community based on trust, transparency and impact
· Arbitrating between the demands of a global organization and specific needs of the German market
· Coaching senior design talent to help them grow
· Building strong relationships with clients and colleagues through your presence at client’s premise and our offices
· Substantial work experience in the German market in a design leadership position
· Fluent in current design practices in the field of UI, UX and service design
· Excellent German communication skills
· Ideally knowledge in a domain or topic at the intersection of emerging technology and design (e.g. design for AI, biometrics, ecosystem building, sustainability)
· Extensive experience in working on client side, building and maintaining relationships
· Willingness to travel frequently between 3+ offices in Germany and occasionally to other country offices
Sounds like your dream job? Get in touch!