A Senior Python Developer is needed to join this independently owned agency specialising in video-based products. As the Senior Python Developer, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team focusing on their video product. This role will see you working in Python/Django on a monolithic app with a plan to move towards microservices in the coming months. The ideal candidate will be at the senior level with experience defining tool chains and methods and mentoring and checking the code of more junior team member. As the Senior Python Developer you’ll be acting as the guardian of this complex code base and help play a key role in how it evolves for the future.
As a Senior Python Developer you’ll be experienced in:
– Python and frameworks (ideally Django)
– Design patterns and data structures
– Developing REST APIs as part of a microservice architecture
– Designing asynchronous applications using Celery or similar
– Writing performant applications that scale
– Web security and OWASP Top 10 Exploits
– Writing tests and testable code
– Unix environments and know how to Bash
– Experience with functional languages (eg. Elixir), message brokering services (eg. RabbitmQ/Kafka), CI, Vagrant/Docker/Kubernetes and AWS are a bonus!
This agency is based in Shoreditch and still owned by its founders. They pride themselves on having an open and accessible culture, interesting and challenging work, a healthy work/life balance and ample opportunities for ownership and testing new ideas. You’ll get to work with big names in the entertainment and sporting industries.
If you’re a Senior Python Developer up for the challenge get in touch for more details.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.