Each week Cogs Agency will be publishing a round-up of key industry news, movers and shakers, and where they are heading to – promotion, new role, new company or starting up their own agency.
We’ll also be showcasing the sexiest, coolest and most engaging roles we have on offer. Hope you enjoy this first edition, from 15-22nd June:
Movers & Shakers This Past Week:
- Jessica Matthewman, Becky Yardley, and Martin Kevill joined Juice Digital as Community Managers (see the full story here via Gorkana).
- Mike Welsh was named new chief executive of Publicis Chemistry (see the full story here via Publicis).
- Facebook’s chief technology officer Bret Taylor has announced he is leaving in the coming weeks to start up a new company (see the full story here via BBC).
- WPP announced it is acquiring one of the industry’s last large digital independents, AKQA (see the full story here via Adweek).
This Week’s Sexiest Jobs, any takers?
- Head of Development – One of London’s first digital agencies is looking for a Head of Development. The consultancy’s brand is synonymous with edgy, ground-breaking digital campaigns and they’re looking for someone who will provide technology-led leadership. A great opportunity – http://bit.ly/KZgAXU
- Lead Graphic Designer – A global, independent, digital PR & marketing agency is looking for a Lead Designer. The role is very much integrated and requires a true creative. You will be working on big brands and have the opportunity to lead projects, drive business and most importantly boost your career – http://bit.ly/LBbcOW
- Middleweight Digital Designer – A global entertainment company consisting of several high-profile brands needs a superstar designer. Working in a busy creative team of designers and front-end engineers, you will be responsible for high-profile projects – http://bit.ly/LBi7aF