Cogs has been working with senior account managers for years and know all there is to know about what it takes to getting selected for this role. A senior account manager works across a number of sectors, including advertising, digital and marketing. Their role within a creative agency is to oversee projects on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that they run smoothly and achieve their potential.
Daily contact with clients is a key part of the job, so offering new and forward-thinking ideas is essential to the productive communication process. Often, a senior account manager will be expected to pitch to clients, so a very confident and assertive attitude is necessary to promote the agency’s ideas and benefits.
Reporting to the company’s directors, this is a fast-paced environment that is both demanding and fulfilling, involving the co-ordination of internal and external staff. The agency will also depend on you to give your projects direction and maintain a clear strategy to achieve the very best outcome for the client.
- The day-to-day management of clients’ marketing and advertising campaigns
- Pro-active leadership that encourages teams to perform to the best of their ability
- Regular communication and liaison with clients at a senior level
- The organization of client feedback
- Generating accurate reports and status notifications
- Pitching fresh and innovative ideas to clients
- Completing projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Using your knowledge and skills to push clients, the team and the agency in the most productive direction
Every agency needs slightly different skill sets, so a senior account manager needs a wide range of abilities. These include:
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management
- A solid background in advertising, design or marketing
- The ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- The willingness to note relevant trends and develop ideas
- The ability to work as an authoritative figure in a busy team
This is an office-based role that will require you to spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as staying in close contact with clients. It can be demanding, so real motivation is required to thrive. Working hours will be standard office times; however deadlines may stretch this further.