Interested in disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry linked to most of the world’s manufacturing sectors? Read further! Partnering with a global player in the industry, our client, a tier-one consulting firm is launching a digital venture in the chemicals space which will unlock significant value for both suppliers and manufacturers, whilst reinventing the sales process for an untapped market.
Pioneering how buyers can purchase affordable materials that meet their quality standards, the marketplace will generate value for both sides, whilst improving accessibility and transparency. Backed by an industry-leading producer, the venture’s bold ambition is to reimagine how the industry operates, matching producers and manufacturers more seamlessly. The product leverages best-in-class software to digitize the process, provide tailored recommendations, and generate significant value for its users.
As such, our client and its corporate partner are looking to appoint a best-in-class team in Singapore to build out the marketplace product and scale a business globally. The founding team will combine deep industry knowledge, strong technical expertise, a passion for disruption, and a startup mindset.
What you will be doing:
- Leveraging your deep technical experience, you will build scalable, high-performance backend web applications
- Collaborating closely with product, design, and frontend teams, you will implement new features
- Contribute to a future-ready and high-quality performance code base, sharing technical solutions and product ideas with the wider team
- Build scalable and testable software using modern technologies
- Define and implement third party APIs
- In addition to writing code, you can operate it as well
Experience you will need:
- Deep backend technology experience, preferable experience working with Spring Boot and Kotlin
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (GCP, AWS or Azure) and knowledge of managing infrastructure with code
- Experience working in a cross-functional setting and ability to adapt to change and to work in a dynamic environment helping to shape an early-stage product
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews and design documentation)
- Experience with third party enterprise software (SAP, oracle, etc.)
- Product bias with the ability to balance user-centric considerations with those of larger enterprise
- Understanding of large-scale engineering systems
- Ecommerce or marketplace experience (preferred, but not essential)