Interested in disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry linked to most of the world’s manufacturing sectors? Read further! Partnering with a global player in the industry, our client, a tier-one consulting firm is launching a digital venture in the chemicals space which will unlock significant value for both suppliers and manufacturers, whilst reinventing the sales process for an untapped market.
Pioneering how buyers can purchase affordable materials that meet their quality standards, the marketplace will generate value for both sides, whilst improving accessibility and transparency. Backed by an industry-leading producer, the venture’s bold ambition is to reimagine how the industry operates, matching producers and manufacturers more seamlessly. The product leverages best-in-class software to digitize the process, provide tailored recommendations, and generate significant value for its users.
As such, our client and its corporate partner are looking to appoint a best-in-class team in Singapore to build out the marketplace product and scale a business globally. The founding team will combine deep industry knowledge, strong technical expertise, a passion for disruption, and a startup mindset. A key position is the Head of Engineering who will define and drive the technology strategy of the platform.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, grow, and oversee a multidisciplinary engineering team of around 5, comprising frontend, backend and data talents
- Define and drive the technology strategy for the platform, aligning engineering objectives with Business and Product roadmap
- Implement a longer term technology roadmap which is tailored for an end to end e-commerce platform, covering logistics, payments etc.
- Setup processes for onboarding vendors and other 3rd parties to the platform
- Take the lead in the technical integration of further suppliers onto the platform, leveraging strong communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as knowledge of enterprise IT
- Further scope and execute on hiring needs for future growth
Experience you will need:
- Broad and deep software development experience, ideally fullstack with solid experience in cloud computing (e.g. AWS) and infrastructure
- Previous team leadership experience of ideally 5 or more software engineers
- Affinity for a cross-functional working environment, having worked with Product and Design colleagues in previous roles
- Superlative communication skills and ability to liaise with senior stakeholders
- Transferable experience of working with customers’ corporate IT departments, either as a service-provider or previous inhouse experience
- E-commerce and/or marketplace experience is a plus
- Knowledge of CRMs is a plus
- Knowledge of software integration