Interested in disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry linked to most of the world’s manufacturing sectors? Read further! Partnering with a global player in the industry, our client is launching a digital venture in the chemicals space which will unlock significant value for both suppliers and manufacturers, whilst reinventing the sales process for an untapped market.
Pioneering how buyers can purchase affordable materials that meet their quality standards, the marketplace will generate value for both sides, whilst improving accessibility and transparency. Backed by an industry-leading producer, the venture’s bold ambition is to reimagine how the industry operates, matching producers and manufacturers more seamlessly. The product leverages best-in-class software to digitize the process, provide tailored recommendations, and generate significant value for its users.
As such, our client and its corporate partner are looking to appoint a best-in-class team in Singapore to build out the marketplace product and scale a business globally. The founding team will combine deep industry knowledge, strong technical expertise, a passion for disruption, and a startup mindset. A key position is the Product Lead, who will work closely with the CPO to develop a unique product strategy, and steer the efforts of a cross-functional Engineering and Design team to develop the platform.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate closely with CPO to define and communicate product vision and strategy internally and externally
- Develop and execute the product road-map and generate product market fit
- Own the execution of the product launch, understand initial feedback from market, iterate product and develop further product features
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams especially with design and engineering to scope, design, concept test and deliver innovative solutions
- Defining relevant KPIs and monitor the performance metrics and leverage data to guide your decisions and to inform different stakeholders
- Interpret and refine strategic business goals into actions towards product changes
- Long-term building and leading your own product and design team
You should have:
- Experience in core product management and proven track record building successful products from scratch
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies and industries
- Experience with B2C and B2B products
- Strong analytical understanding and ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Preliminary technical understanding of data and platforms and ability to dive into topics, understand technical feasibility and push back if necessary
- Outstanding verbal and written English skills, as well as a high level of comfort leading workshops and presentations with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ecommerce or marketplace experience would be a plus