The company is a leading technology force and is available all over the world – 76 markets and counting. They are number one by value in numerous countries across the globe. If you want to be a part of an innovative team with a cutting edge technology, this role may be a good fit for you.
You will evaluate all content, ensuring it is fit for purpose – fact checking the spelling, grammar, writing style, page design, photos and videos being used. As Editor in Chief you will also act as gatekeeper, rejecting content that is of little interest to company’s customers and owners, is underperforming or is potentially off brand. At times you may also contribute your own editorial content but mainly your role will be to coordinate, motivate and develop those who feed you with content from the cross functional teams.
You will also take responsibility for the success of all published material balancing the need to maintain brand equity with the need to drive impressions.
- Be responsible for the voice, tone, and quality of the content put out in the company’s name across all owned channels
- Coordinate a long lead pipeline of content that is well planned and is aligned cross functions
- Oversee content creation with a cross functional team for the company’s China WeChat, publishing articles weekly
- Lead content creation with a cross functional team for the company’s Tmall and JD.com hubs/TikTok platform
- Oversee content creation for Weibo with a cross functional team
- Oversee content creation, in partnership with PR Managers
- Lead content strategy for company’s owned platforms, in partnership with local brand marketing and digital marketing team, and in line with direction from global content guidelines
- Work hand-in-hand with PR and brand teams to uphold content standards and brand equity while driving engaging content that leads to brand loyalty
- Training new members of the company’s organisation on its tone and identity, empowering people to deliver content aligned with the overall framework and guidelines of all of the company’s social and eCommerce channels
- Minimum of 10+ years in content writing and development, trends
- With exposure in team leadership position and managed a team
- Ideally experience having worked in a digital media platform and familiar with most up to date media consumption trends in Greater China
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing and presentation with fluency in both Mandarin and English
- Computer literate, proficient in MS Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Digitally savvy – understanding of China eCommerce, WeChat, TikTok, Weibo and Baidu with an ability to navigate and use the platforms
- Familiar with working with Content creators and KOLs
- Experience leading UGC programs of scale
- Experience and understanding of HK/TW social media platforms; Youtube, Facebook, WhatsApp, Line
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- With experience working with international companies and clients in and outside of Greater China
- Team player. Happy to process and support diverse requests as they are received.
- A doer- not afraid to try new things and get stuck in.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office where priorities can change.
Please send your CVs to: [email protected]